Friday, June 8, 2012

Company comes to visit !!!

June 7
The high winds and rain have stalled over Bermuda so it was clean-up fix-up day on Ostinato. First chore was to replenish the fuel and then we tied up to the quay in anticipation of the Harris' arrival and the goodies they are bringing......including home made chocolate cookies. While King took care of dealing with the Harbor Master, Ed, Cliff and I, with laundry bags thrown over our backs, weaved thru the hordes of tourists descending off the cruise ship making our way to the laundromat. 75 cents for 5 minutes of dry time. Yikes! $40 lighter and 2 hrs later we returned with clean, albeit
somewhat damp clothes and linen.

Kings eyes lit up when he saw the big red suitcase Bill was dragging down the street. For Me?! It was Christmas in Bermuda. All the "stuff" We didn't know we needed but really have to have was delivered by Claire and Bill. Thank you to everyone that contributed in this project! No mean feat to pull everything together in such a short time! Claire is our new heroine. Lights, wires, metal pieces of all shapes and, of course, the chocolate chip cookies from Barbara for her dad. Helen sent a surprise fruit cake to Ed who was generous enough to share it with all. Thank you Helen. For me, I raided the house one more time for 2 more sets of pillow cases AND, most important, my tiny magnifying mirror so I can tweeze my eyebrows. What can i say. It's a girl thing. Thank you Martha and Scott for being so accommodating.

By the way, I would be remiss if I didn't mention dinner tonight. Ed was the chef. He cooked squid and fried rice that was to die for! Of course this bought up the question of how many fish we had caught so far. The answer is none, nada, 0..... That would be zip. Bill thought the picture below explained the problem and made me promise to include it.


2 comments:

  1. Love the pics! Keep 'em coming. I especially liked you referencing Claire as a drug! I guess different adults to visit with ARE important. Love to you all.

    ReplyDelete